Dementia Care Specialist Certification - Tier 1
Time limit: 365 days
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
The JH Dementia Care Specialist Certification modules includes foundational knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia and best practices for disease management. The course includes a pre- and post- knowledge test and engages learners through videos, realistic problem-based scenarios, case studies, and quiz activities to apply concepts and knowledge learned.
Tier 1 of the JH Dementia Care Specialist Certification Training Bundle includes an online, 3-hour course consisting of 6 learning modules:
- Module 1: Causes, Symptoms, and Risk factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and related Dementias
- Module 2: Diagnosing Dementia including use of Validated Cognitive Screening Tools
- Module 3: Best Practices for Managing Dementia and Associated Behaviors
- Module 4: Health Care Needs and Navigating the health care system
- Module 5: Assessing and Addressing Home and Personal Safety
- Module 6: Supporting Caregivers and Connecting to Community Resources
Upon conclusion of the Tier 1 online course, learners will obtain a certificate of completion and will be able to enroll in the Tier 2 online course.