Full course description
The JH Dementia Care Specialist Certification modules includes foundational knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia and best practices for disease management. The course includes a pre- and post- knowledge test and engages learners through videos, realistic problem-based scenarios, case studies, and quiz activities to apply concepts and knowledge learned.
Tier 1 of the JH Dementia Care Specialist Certification Training Bundle includes an online, 3-hour course consisting of 6 learning modules:
- Causes, Symptoms, and Risk factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and related Dementias
- : Diagnosing Dementia including use of Validated Cognitive Screening Tools
- : Best Practices for Managing Dementia and Associated Behaviors
- : Health Care Needs and Navigating the health care system
- : Assessing and Addressing Home and Personal Safety
- : Supporting Caregivers and Connecting to Community Resources
Upon conclusion of the Tier 1 online course, learners will obtain a certificate of completion and will be able to enroll in the Tier 2 online course.